Stretch Mark Treatment for Clearer Skin with Smooth, Natural Texture
As we age, stretch marks become increasingly visible due to changes in our skin for a variety of reasons. Visible stretch marks can actually lead to low self-esteem & a lack of body confidence. It is hard to avoid stretch marks, so MedAndSpa in Burr Ridge has employed a new laser technology known as Morpeus8 & other Non-ablative Therapies to help remove or dramatically improve visible stretch marks for everyone resulting in smoother, clearer skin regardless of skin type or tone.
What exactly is a stretch mark?
Stretch marks are visible scars that develop when our skin stretches & shrinks quickly as our body changes over time. Much of this is caused when collagen and elastin in our skin ruptures leaving a visible scar or stretch mark. Our bodies have automatic internal healing mechanisms that aim to heal the skin resulting in unsightly stretch marks called “Striae.” Stretch marks can be caused by pregnancy, weight gain/loss, medications, or conditions from certain diseases.
The bodies quick change in weight or size causes fibers in your skin to tear and appear as streaks at the skin surface. Stretch marks typically appear on the abdomen, upper arm, buttocks, hips, and thighs. They change the texture of your skin leaving indentations & rippled lines.
What is the best method to remove stretch marks?
At MedAndSpa, we have a number of procedures to make stretch marks less noticeable, but none of them can get rid the body of stretch marks completely.
- MedAndSpa’s Morpheus8 Radiofrequency Technology can be used on all skin tones. This treatment combines micro-needling with radiofrequency technology for fractional stretch mark resurfacing. This skin therapy is designed to stimulate collagen production by targeting the deeper layers of the skin to heal below the surface of the skin. Morpheus8 is a non-surgical, minimally invasive treatment that provides great results for all skin tones. This new handheld technology emits microneedles that cause micro-injuries in the skin. These micro-injuries stimulate the body’s natural healing process that results in new collagen production. Morpheus8 emits safe radiofrequencies which create soft heat which when combined with RF micro-needling results in multiple level collagen production and healing of the scarred skin. MedAndSpa experienced estheticians will typically use between one to four Morpheus8 treatment sessions to deliver the best results leaving you with a sleek, sexy new look.
- Cynosure ICON Non-Ablative Laser Therapy (not advised for Fitzpatrick skin types V and VI). MedAndSpa employs the 1540 Fractional Non-ablative Laser handpiece to effectively improve the appearance of stretch mark scars. This new technology has been cleared by the FDA as safe and effective to improve scars caused by stretch marks. The goal of this remarkable technology is to focus on one area or a “fraction” of the stretch mark at a time. Our estheticians have treated patients from Chicago and the surrounding suburbs by shining a specialized beam of light generated by the Cynosure ICON non-ablative handheld laser to disrupt the molecular bonds of skin tissue and stimulate collagen remodeling to reduce or in some cases eliminate the signs of scars caused by stretch marks.
What Are the Benefits of Laser Stretch Mark Treatments?
- Smoother, better-looking skin without surgery
- Improved skin appearance
- Comfortable treatment sessions
- Minimal treatment side effects
- FDA-cleared to be safe and effective
Who is a Good Stretch Marks Treatment Candidate?
Men and women who have noticeable stretch marks are great candidates to improve the appearance of stretch marks and improve their daily lives with renewed self-confidence. Laser or micro-needling with radiofrequency technology treatments for stretch marks can be good options for people of all skin tones and types, including medium or dark skin tones pending a consultation.
How Soon Will You See Results? How Many Treatments Will You Need?
Stretch mark treatments can diminish the appearance of stretch marks in a few quick sessions with minimal discomfort and no downtime. Patients can expect to see an improvement in both the quality and texture of stretch marks following treatments over time as the collagen remodeling continues to evolve. Results will continue to improve with subsequent treatments.
REQUEST A CONSULTATION
To start your treatment at MedAndSpa, request your appointment online or call us at (630) 635-6661.
Located in Burr Ridge, IL, MedAndSpa is the leading stretch marks treatments provider in Chicago and is delighted to serve the surrounding areas of Chicago, La Grange, Lemont, Hinsdale, Orland Park, Naperville, Glen Ellyn, and Downers Grove.